Monday, July 27, 2009

Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

Ok, so I want to have the emo hairstyle but I have really wavy, poofy hair. I take a shower at night and sleep on it and it takes some of the poofiness away but it's still pretty poofy. Also, I straighten it but it's still pretty wavy. I think it might be something wrong with my straightener because it's very very cheap. Somewhere around 20 dollars. So, if you would be so kind to answer these questions I would gladly appreciate it.



1. Should I just get my hair thinned out?



2. Should I buy a better straightener?



3. Should I try using some kind of product in my hair? If so, what kind?



Thank you.



Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

get a better flat iron, ceramic or teflon are the best type. Your hair becomes stick straight and very very shiney. Upgrade your budget to like 30-40 dollars and get a ceramic or teflon one that gets very hot. (mine gets up to 425 degrees) But make sure you protect your hair before you flat iron it! (with a base of silicone is great). If you have a flat iron you don't need to thin out your hair, also hair product for protection is great. No strightning product works unless you already have nearly stright hair (like strightning serums and stuff). But it's great if you get some for like shine, I like Garnier Fructise shine serum in the pump.



Edit: haha my sources suck so i'm going to delete it



Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

1. you should probably thin your hair out



2. yes



3. shampoo and conditioner (john freida is good, pantene proV, garnier frutis...there all good)



4. The emo look is out....



Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

1. Yes.



2. Yes. Consider a Helen of Troy at least. Peferabbly a CHI or Sedu.



3. Yes, smoothing balm. A reccomend biosilk. If you're feeling cheap, you can use Sunsilks Anti-poof or Anti-FRIZZ.



Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

I don't know about thinning it; it depends on how thick it is now.



The deal with straighteners is that they need to get really hot. If they don't get really hot they dry out your hair without giving you the desired results. Ceramic ones are usually best, but having bought one for $20 doesn't mean that it isn't good. Also, when you're straightening make sure your hair is dry; if its wet you could damage it really badly.



You could try using some gel to help hold it, but apply it after you've straightened



Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

me and my boyfriend have the same kinf of hair.



1- when you thin it, it feels thin for like a week but then it grows back even thicker so i wouldnt do that.



2-yes you should. the ion straightner works really well.



3-yes. try frizz ease hair serum. it makes it thin and soft.



also, you might try getting a haircut. like more layers or something. that also helps.



Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

get in thinned and then use a chi



Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

you haven't said how frequently you wash your hair,



if your washing your hair everynight when you take shower that would be adding to your problem , every 2 or 3 days is good, 2 or 3 weeks is best.......helps give that greasy emo shine to it hehe.....thats how i do it



Wavy, poofy hair, but want emo look?

Get a Chi straightening kit. it comes with a hair dryer, two straightening sprays, and the best striaghtener that you could have. Trust me. My hair is poofy and curly and a Chi always tames my curls. It will cost around 230$, but if you just want the straightener than you better pull out 100-120

No comments:

Post a Comment