Monday, July 27, 2009

Thick, Unmanageable, biracial hair?

My hair is really nice %26amp; curly when it is wet. But even after I try putting mousse in it, or gel, or mousturizer, and let it dry. It still puffs up about 4 inches off my head all around it. I can't stand it being so thick, and dry, and not manageable. The ONLY way I can wear it is in a bun with about 6 clips in it holding back any flyaways. I get it straightened during the school year, but it is still dry, and thick then. I REALLY need help with controlling my curls, because I would rather wear my hair curly then straight. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me a way to make my curls appear NON-thick %26amp; shiny.



ALSO, can biracial people get their hair thinned out?



Thick, Unmanageable, biracial hair?

Girlfriend! I completely understand, you definately have to try the mixed chicks hair products line. I used to have the same problem until I found this website and ordered their products! The leave-in conditioner works amazingly!!! Email them and they will send you a free sample so you can try it before you buy it!



Thick, Unmanageable, biracial hair?

you can maybe get a thio relaxer and add larger rods so your curls are looser. you can get your hair thinned out. But see about the relaxer at a salon



Thick, Unmanageable, biracial hair?

The mousse and gel are what's drying your hair out. Try using Luster's Pink Moisturizer. I use that when my hair isn't in braids and my hair stays moisturized all day. I hardly have to put any in the next day. I have thick hair myself.



Thick, Unmanageable, biracial hair?

Matrix Curl Life. but, you have to use the whole line, meaning shampoo, conditioner, and leave in cream. It will give shine and control and keep your hair tamed downed. If you get the products from a Great Clips and don't like it you can get a full refund.



Thick, Unmanageable, biracial hair?

Hi,



I have two biracial kids (9 1/2 year old daughter and 4 1/2 year old son) so I understand your hair dilemma. When my daughter was born, I had curly permed hair, and so I made the mistake of thinking that what would work on my hair would work on hers. I realized first of all that general "kids" hair care products would not work on her hair - I needed to use specifically "black" hair care products. Black and biracial hair is generally dry, and "white" hair care products are not moisturizing enough. So, inn your case, I would stay away from the mousse, gel, etc..



Also, how often do you wash your hair? When my daughter was little, I realized that I was washing her hair too often (every day or other day) which was drying it out and making it frizzy. This is how I take care of her hair now: I shampoo it only once a week wtih a moisturizing detangling shampoo. I then coat it with a thick moisturizing conditioner, and let the conditioner soak in for about 10 minutes. I rinse her hair, and after she gets out of the tub, I squeeze it dry with a towel (don't rub!) I spray it with a detangler spray, let that soak in for a few minutes, then comb it out starting at the bottom and moving towards the scalp, with an extra wide-toothed comb. I then apply an oil moisturizer. When I don't shampoo her hair, I still rinse it out with water, apply the conditioner, let it soak, and rinse, then follow the other steps. After the above steps, I brush her hair with a natural boar-bristle brush then style it. Don't use plastic or nylon bristle brushes!



When buying hair care products, read the labels and stay away from any that contain mineral oil or petroleum jelly, which will clog the pores and make hair more prone to tangles. My favorite hair care line is called Africa's Best Kids Organics. I like their products because they don't contain any petroleum jelly or mineral oil, and because they are very moisturizing, but are not too heavy or greasy. That company also make a line of adult hair care products. You can find the products at some beauty supply stores, or online at www.texasbeautysupply.com. I've ordered from them before with no problems.



As far as getting your hair thinned out, a better alternative might be get your hair layered. I have very thick, wavy hair (although I am white) and the layers really help make it less heavy. A good black hairstylist could recommend a hair cut for your hair. From my experience, most white hairstylist wouldn't know what to do with your type of hair.



Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. what should i do if if i have thick and wavy biracial hair and its getting thin and straight

    ReplyDelete